Rodents are among the most successful of all mammals. They make up 43 percent of all mammals. Here are some interesting facts to consider. Rodent control is best to be handled by your local Dallas exterminator.
- Rats and mice attack our food in the farm fields, orchards, and livestock facilities.
- The loss of food worldwide to rodents each year is enough to feed 200 million people.
- In addition to economic losses, rodents are also expensive to control. Each year the estimated cost to control rodents in the United States is $100 million.
- In inner-city areas, it has been found that a protein in mice urine, can trigger severe cases of asthma.
- Here are some viruses and diseases, hantavirus, flea- and Mite-borne diseases, food-borne illness, and several others.
If You Suspect You Have A Mouse, Or Rat Problem In Your Home Don't Panic Here Is What You Should Do
- Leave rodent services to be controlled by professional pest control companies.
- A lot of times homeowners buy over-the-counter poisons and end up poisoning their animals or putting the poisons in areas where the poison can be accessed by small children or their neighbor's dogs.
- Rodent services for your home can be priced out over the phone, you don't need a pushy salesman to come out to your home.
- Most pest services take 14 days to control your current problem, there is no magic flute to play and the mice follow the exterminator out the door, so if a pest professional tells you he can solve your pest problem in 1 day he is lying.
Different Types Of Mice & Diseases They Carry
Their excrement may contain a variety of dangerous diseases and viruses. These can become airborne and inhaled by humans causing infection. Food sources they come in contact with may get infected with Salmonella. That food when ingested can make you very sick. They may also bite causing infection. They also chew on things to wear down their teeth that grow constantly. Often this is electrical wiring that can lead to expensive repairs or in some cause house fires.
There are 3 common pests that invade Texas
- The House Mouse: Is a small rodent about 2 inches long not including the tail, pointed nose, and fairly large ears. Grayish brown in color with a gray or buff-colored belly.
- The White-Footed Deer Mouse: Which is light brown to black and has a white underbelly. These mice are slightly larger than house mice and have bigger ears and eyes.
- The Norway Rat: Also known as the brown rat, gray rat, sewer rat, water rat, or barn rat. One of the most common rodents in urban areas. These large rodents are around 10 to 12 inches long, including their tails, and are typically grayish-brown in color.
Hiring a professional rodent control exterminator is the most effective way to remove Mice & Rats and other rodents from your home.
How Did I Get Mice, Rats or Rodents?
Mice can enter your home, condo, or apartment through cracks and holes. Mice can squeeze through openings as small as a dime! Rats being larger will need larger openings to gain access. Both Mice & Rats need food, water, and warmth. When the weather turns colder, these rodents seek warm shelter. Once inside with food, water, and warmth, they reproduce quickly.
Why Is It So Difficult To Get Rid Of Mice and Rats?
Mice & Rats are very fast. Rats are instinctively wary of things new to their environments such as traps and traps and bait. There are a number of rodent repellent solutions available and honestly, these work marginally at best. To remove rodents all entrances must be identified and properly sealed. Then all rodents must be exterminated with a combination of rodenticides and snap traps. Due to the health risk, a professional pest control service experienced in rodent extermination is the best solution.
What Are The Signs Of A Mice, Rat and Rodent Infestation?
- You see mice & rats or other rodents
- Cupboards and pantries have mouse droppings or rodent excrement
- You may hear mice scratching in the walls
- You notice electrical wires are chewed
We Specialize In All Types Of Business Including:
Food Distribution Warehouses
Hotels & Motels